This unit provides the necessary fundamental knowledge and concepts needed to understand operations management by introducing key concepts in operations improvement and productivity through:
- Alignment of operations improvement to a company’s strategic intent,
- Assessment of the performance of operations improvement based on productivity measurements,
- Methods, tools and technologies that can be used to improve operations improvement, and
- Application of the Operations Management Innovation methodology (OmniMethodology™) as a systematic approach to operations improvement that are effective and efficient.
On completion of this unit, participants will be ready to embark on an on-site company training mentored by SIMTech’s trainers using the OmniMethodology™. This is the first step towards becoming a technology innovator of a company.
- Understand the fundamental concept of operations improvement and productivity
- Understand the important link between business competitive strategy and operations improvement and productivity
- Understand the approach to measure the performance of operations improvement and productivity
- Understand the techniques and tools for operations improvement Understand the operations management innovation methodology
Through 42 hours of training, participants will gain knowledge and experience in using design software and various fabrication methods, including 3D printing and laser cutting. Understanding the engineering materials and the manufacturing technologies, learn how to apply Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) guidelines in product design. Participants will also acquire skills in electronics prototyping with development boards. The course develops a broad skill set applicable to a range of careers in industries that require creative thinking as well as digital and technological competencies.
This course covers the process of product development and trains the use of state-of-art computer tools with fabrication facilities to generate new models and new prototypes. Participants shall learn how to generate innovative product concepts and further build mechanical and electrical prototypes. With the guidance of the experts in product development, participants will be able to get in-depth knowledge and comprehensive hands-on experience in key methods and tools such as CAD software modelling, plastic laser cutting, Fused deposition modeling (FDM) 3D printing. Practice Design for Manufacturing and Assembly strategies in product design analysis and understand the quality management systems.
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders
Employer-sponsored and self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES)
SME-sponsored local employees (i.e Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders) (ETSS)
Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees (for self-sponsored registrations only).
For corporate training or individual participants, please let us know your preferred date(s) in the Register Interest form below.